Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to work

My post op visit went well yesterday.  I am down a total of 32 lbs so far, so I pretty excited about that.  I was advanced to soft foods and was never so excited to eat a mushed up meatball, now keep in mind it took like 30 minutes to eat two small meatballs but that is ok.
I had 2 scrambled eggs this morning for breakfast and those took at least 30 minutes too but it feels good to have food in my system and to be learning how to eat with the band in.
I am back at work and feeling nervous about people noticing my eating habits, but then I think they never noticed the no food and only shakes for 2 weeks so I should be ok.
I know they will eventually figure it out but I am just not ready to talk about the surgery with them at all.  I don't know why I need the time but I do.  I need to be able to adjust to things first before people start to ask questions and want answers.
I have to do the soft foods all week this week, I go back to the doctor next Wednesday and should be able to advance to regular foods.
I am feeling better so I may try to walk a little bit tonight.  I don't think I will be able to do the 3 to 4 miles a day I was up to but something is better than nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment