Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First day post op

Well surgery was yesterday, I did it!  Things went pretty well yesterday, started out a little rough with a long wait before surgery which caused me to way over think things.  Once things got going I was fine.
Surgery lasted less that 40 minutes and all went well.   I have 5 incisions on my tummy, they are covered right now and I have not seem them so I am not how long they are.  I will update on that once I take them off to shower tomorrow. 
I did very well with pain in the hospital yesterday and was up walking 2 hours after surgery.  My doctor gives you a Tylenol drip every 6 hours to help with swelling and it managed the pain for the most part.  I wish I could say I slept well last night but between the pain of the IV, it was in the back of my wrist because they couldn't get it in my hand and being woken up every couple of hours sleep wasn't great.
The doctor did send me home with a script with pain meds that I told him I didn't need and boy am I glad he did.  I was very sore after the car ride home and moving around a lot more.  I took one this afternoon and slept for a little bit. 
I am on an all liquid diet of shakes and strained soups and thinned out cream of wheat and oatmeal.  I had a strained bowl of creamy chicken noodle soup at dinner and took some Tylenol to help with the swelling.  Right now my tummy is very swollen and sore.  I am hoping that will help with the pain for the most part.  Right now I am uncomfortable sitting, standing and walking so I can't find a happy spot right now.  I am hoping that will pass in the coming days.
I will keep you posted on how things seem to move along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment